Thankfully, the famed developer CoolStart from the jailbreak community finally offered the Electra jailbreak as a developer-only approach. The tool apparently similar to the prior LiberiOS that addressed the identical 64bit iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch functioning iOS 11.0 – iOS 11.1.2. With further clarifications, the breakout has been developed using the tfp0 exploit that stands as an open-source familiarized by Ian Beer. However, the utility still not be able to arrive at download Cydia iOS 11.1.2 since Cydia godfather Jay Freeman still did not decide to make it firm. Here is more about the utility and its usage.
Here is the list of those recommended iDevices to jailbreak using Electra. The list contains almost all 64bit devices running compatible iOS versions.
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus/ 8
- iPhone 7 Plus/ 7
- iPhone 6s Plus/ 6s
- iPhone 6 plus/ 6
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone SE
- iPod Touch 6th G
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air,
- 1st generation iPad Pro 10.5-inch , 9.7-inch
- 2nd generation iPad Pro 12.9-inch and iPad Pro 12.9-inch
- iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4
- iPad 5th generation
Facts to remember
- Electra is a semi-tethered jailbreak and that will partly void jailbreak status behind every reboot
- Fully charge the device. It must endure through the whole procedure without power down
- Backup the device is important. Use iCloud or iTunes
- It supports only iOS 11.0 to iOS 11.1.2 versions
- You will have to concern a couple of things for the utility yet to develop its Cydia download path. Thus, you should evade Unknown sources once following Cydia tweaks and so on either it won’t that easy to arrange tweaks a so on with your jailbroken system
Electra jailbreak – Complete guide
- Download both Electra IPA and Cydia Impactor files from their latest versions. It does not matter whatever Windows, Linus or Mac platform you have been prepared with Impactor. Having links from the official site is significant for both applications
- Use a Lightning cable to connect the handset to the computer
- The iDevice will detect soon after the connection
- And then drag Electra IPA file and drop on the Impactor. When the files will sideload, you have to trust the developer profile. Go to Settings app > General > Profile & Device Management > tap Trust button
- Now you can jailbreak your iPhone right away. Go to Home screen and pick up the Electra app
- Once you launch it, the particular “Jailbreak” key will display. Click on it and stand back
Re-jailbreak approach as well an important part of Electra jailbreak. Its semi-untethered stand will swiftly make you to partly jailbroken once the device will reboot. So then, you have to rearrange the procedure to bring it back to fully broken. Just open the Electra application from Home and click Jailbreak. That’s it.
But, expiration means a completely different standing for it has to use the whole procedure once more. The license will expire once a week. So just start the procedure from the beginning and jailbreak again.
How to install Cydia tweaks?
Cydia tweaks, themes and all that you desire to arrange is not that easy since Saurik yet to fulfill the demand for. In such case, having .theme folder and the .deb packages on your computer would be interesting to install whatever tweak you love manually. Since Cydia download iOS 11.1.2 is not completed, you must sidestep unknown sources that may put you into troubles.