Jailbreak is interesting when you know that there are thousands of deals behind the formal frame of Apple. We have separate tools for separate versions such as Taig, Evasi0n, Yalu, Pangu, Electra, Chimera, Checkra1n to jailbreak our iDevices and bring Cydia in it. But, sometimes you may wish to get rid of your jailbreak permission and bring the device back to its official status. We call it unjailbreak or delete Cydia. If you wish to know how to delete Cydia, here we go. We have a tool called Cydia Eraser and that introduced by Jay Freeman a few years back.
Delete Cydia using Cydia Eraser
- Charge the device completely before starting this process
- Bring a USB or lightning cable and connect your device to Mac or Windows
- Launch iTunes. And iTunes must be the latest version
- And then open Cydia on your device
- Search Cydia Eraser in it
- And then install it right away and check the Cydia Eraser icon on your Home screen once the device will respring
How to use it?
- In this part, we will let you know how you can use this tool to unjailbreak your device.
- Now you can open Cydia Eraser app
- And then select “Delete All Data and UnjailbreakDevice” option
- A new window will open
- So you can select “Delete All” option there and confirm the process
- Keep the iPhone on the table and take a deep breath. Within a few minutes, the entire process will complete and reboot the device, you will see that it is normal and play the usual iOS version that it had
Delete Cydia using third-party apps
There are third-party jailbreak-only apps such as Succession App that you can use to delete Cydia from your device. And it is iTunes as the other popular way of unjailbreak an iDevice. But for iTunes will not completely free you as a non-jailbreak user and even will force you to upgrade to the latest iOS version, Cydia Eraser is always best. It is not that complicated if you think about its unique features and that even will keep you as a non-jailbreak user. In simply, Cydia Eraser is the tool that will not keep any record that you were jailbroken. And even if you wish to stick on the same version and just remove jailbreak stuff from the device, Eraser is the best utility for it will not force you to a new iOS version.